Over the last few years we’ve written and recorded video tutorials for the most requested MyFitnessPal How-To’s. We put together this list of our top nine tutorials to make it easy for you to access at any time. Bookmark this page if you’re a beginner, it’ll be useful!
Make sure you subscribe to the complete playlist of video tutorials on the WAG YouTube Channel here. All videos are saved under “Playlists.”
- How to Customize Your Macro Goals and Profiles in MyFitnessPal
The first step to tracking your macros in MyFitnessPal is setting up your specific goals so that they’re easier to track. This tutorial and video walks you step by step through the process.
- How to Customize Your Macro Goals Using MyFitnessPal Premium
Just like the first tutorial listed, this tutorial shows you how to set up your macros in MyFitnessPal but with an important difference: this premium version lets you list the exact macros to the decimal. The free version only lets you enter ballpark numbers.
- How to Check Your Macros and Micros in MyFitnessPal
Once you’ve set up your numbers in the MFP app, you need to be a pro at checking the numbers throughout the day so you know what you can (and can’t) fit into your nutrition plan that day.
- How to Log and Save Individual Meals with MyFitnessPal
Eat the same meal more then once? You can log single meals and save them for quick access for next time. Logging gets faster as you go!
- How to Track a Bulk Recipe in MyFitnessPal and Track a Single Serving
Bulk recipes like soup, sauces and stir-frys are easy to track when you know how. This tutorial is extremely helpful!
- How to “Quick Add” Macros Using MyFitnessPal Premium
With the premium version of MFP it’s never been easier to log straight calories, carbs, fats and proteins into your diary. Excellent for logging supplements, oils and other simple carbs, proteins and fats on the go.
- How to Add a Custom Food Item in MyFitnessPal
Sometimes the MyFitnessPal database doesn’t have the food item you’re looking for. Luckily, it’s easy to add in your very own so you always have it handy!
- How to Share a Meal With Friends in MyFitnessPal via Text Message (iMessage feature)
iPhone users rejoice! Now if you’re eating the same meal as your bestie or significant other, only one of you has to enter it in MyFitnessPal because you can just text message it to the other person using iMessage!
- How to Set Different Macros for Different Days of the Week With MyFitnessPal (Premium)
There are a few reasons you may want to have different nutrition goals on different days of the week. Refeed days, rest days, lower or higher activity days. For these reasons, knowing how to set those macro goals on different days in MyFitnessPal is a must-have feature!
Do you see any important how-to’s missing from this list? Let us know in the comments!